More Admins

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric, Cars, EngineMan, you all make valid points. This site has grown to the point where one or two Admins cannot keep up. The one simple thing is missing though. I hate even saying this, but I will suggest the following. Add one more site to this forum for administrative requests. Then have a administrator or moderator given authorization to review any requests that come in, to see if the request is reasonable and can be resolved. Yes, this could mean adding one more admin position. This person would need to have to be a lot more tech savvy than 99% of us, but the members would have a way to communicate their thoughts and get feedback. Now we are sitting in the dark as to what to do. Wouldn't this be the same as someone asking how to set the counterbalance on a K582. The initial request is not unreasonable, as long as we keep our heads cool and look at both sides of the fence. Read my signature.

I agree, I'd like to see a administrative requests forum I think it would be a good thing to have on the forum. I don't believe we need to add another Admin though, I mean we have four, the problem is there never around much and I'd like to see that change. The same with the moderators, if there not going to be here they never should have taken the job as mods and need to be replaced with other members that want to be involved.

Threads
Ric, Cars, EngineMan, you all make valid points. This site has grown to the point where one or two Admins cannot keep up....

I remember last year when spammers were a big problem on the site. Ric and I banned countless spammers every day, and I know that's not a complete solution, but it helped. I would come on the forum at the end of the day and there would be up to 10+ spam threads that had to be deleted. We seemed to convince the Admin to give us the ability to ban those members (they made us moderators) because there weren't enough Admin at the time. I think that if we do need another Admin, we need one that is dedicated to this forum, or at least can spend time on here daily.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I remember last year when spammers were a big problem on the site. Ric and I banned countless spammers every day, and I know that's not a complete solution, but it helped. I would come on the forum at the end of the day and there would be up to 10+ spam threads that had to be deleted. We seemed to convince the Admin to give us the ability to ban those members (they made us moderators) because there weren't enough Admin at the time. I think that if we do need another Admin, we need one that is dedicated to this forum, or at least can spend time on here daily.

Those were the fun days:smile:

Threads
It sure didn't hurt. I think it made a difference in more ways than we realize.

I totally agree. :thumbsup: For some of the people who don't remember, below is a screenshot of what the Today's Posts area looked like awhile back. All spam. :confused3: Back then compared to now is like night and day.

spam.PNG

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I totally agree. :thumbsup: For some of the people who don't remember, below is a screenshot of what the Today's Posts area looked like awhile back. All spam. :confused3: Back then compared to now is like night and day.

26821-more-admins-spam-png

Ya know I'd forgot what that looked like :laughing: I guess we did put the hurt on those spammers.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Y'all did a good job.
Now go cut some grass.

KrashnKraka

Threads
As per usual the original thrust of the thread is being diverted
by assumption, preclusions (unfounded) and more than enough
of the standard issue of education in backgrounds of "piling on"
posters.
With the one exception of Rivets' suggestion the diatribe read
is not new, seen before many a time by any seasoned "netizen".

SO... what we(royal) get from aired opinion thusfar is:
No one in 'control' reading this thread knows how to
set tools to ignore threads and posters.
No one(reading) has the ability to check or confirm email
notifications are working, across platforms.
Mods have an ability to ban posters AND an ability to remove
posts. And on that? FYI....
The first is usual SOP for moderation and quite necessary a tool.
The second - deletion - is not SOP and is in fact both a significant
security risk and unhelpfull in site order/concaternation.

As outcomes therefore I first ask how Rivets is to ever get any
"official feedback"?
Secondly, how then is it possible to refuse posts screen real estate
voluntarily when one simply does not wish to read a thread or a poster?

Just hold yer clickin' a tad and think about the last, before "running off
at the mouth" as do the truly dull.
The discussion now happening is "hole in foot" rhetoric as those
subscribing to it cannot help but see my posts, read them and fail
to follow the logic. Must hurt, that.
I would rather help than inflict any pain, so it seems only an Admin
can help me to help you (generic) and Rivets to help himself??