Mongt.Wards

173abn

Threads
first excuse my spelling but dang if I can spell mongt. wards and mr webster can't help.anyway my buddie gave me an old wards mower today,it's got an 18hp/44deck.Model#[?]TMO33936ADO68H.I'm guessing the 68 is the yr.made.The engine has 2cyl.that are opposed on the side of the motor.does any one know about this kind of engine and if parts are available?I figgured it would be something more to play with as if I don't have enough already.The deck looks good and all the sheet metal is there just don't know much about the motor.thanks for any help russ

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey russ...
I think the TMO is a Montgomery Ward model built by MTD... :smile:KennyV

Kingwood990

Threads
It is eather a MTD or Gilson built machine.

indypower

Threads
The TMO is made by MTD. If it was a "GIL" prefix it would be a Gilson. I think it is later than 1968. The "68" at the end of the model number is not the year. Can you post a pic?

Kingwood990

Threads
Based on what I was able to find on MTD's website your tractor was built in 1988.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
first excuse my spelling but dang if I can spell mongt. wards and mr webster can't help.anyway my buddie gave me an old wards mower today,it's got an 18hp/44deck.Model#[?]TMO33936ADO68H.I'm guessing the 68 is the yr.made.The engine has 2cyl.that are opposed on the side of the motor.does any one know about this kind of engine and if parts are available?I figgured it would be something more to play with as if I don't have enough already.The deck looks good and all the sheet metal is there just don't know much about the motor.thanks for any help russ

It's usually spelled "MONKEY WARDS"....OOOPS that's MONTGOMERY WARDS....:laughing::laughing:

173abn

Threads
thanks everyone for the replies,I haven't had a chance to get it home yet.I'm going to be getting highspeed internet this week with HughesNet so might try posting some pics.will help with that pdf you sent me Kenny. russ