Model and serial number decoding

Trick1

Threads
Hello again,
I recently bought a 252z 992128 # 00579 with a Kawasaki 25hp and 1000+ hours on it.
It has some blow by, going to pull the flywheel and check the vent,
I know it might need a rebuild or I have a low hour 24hp intek 9amp I guess would need a upgraded alternator.
It might last the season, a 5 acre residential.
Is there a date of manufacture stamp hiding somewhere or a way through the numbers to find out the year?

Trick1

Threads
After exhausting my efforts online I called Gravely direct, a nice representative took the time to answer my question.
It turns out I was told this was a one year run from 2005--- 2006.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You will be fine with the 9 amp intek so long as your battery is good.
When running the alternator will be able to keep up with the electric clutch but won't put much back in to charge the battery.
If you are doing 5 acres with only 4 to 10 starts a decient battery will see you through.
Just plug it into a trickle charger when you put it back in the shed.

If you are going to do a rebuild on the kawakasi over the off season you should get through with the intek without dramas.

Before you start just check the spindle diameters as they are generally 1" on domestic engines and 1.125" on commercials when you get over 20Hp

Trick1

Threads
You will be fine with the 9 amp intek so long as your battery is good.
When running the alternator will be able to keep up with the electric clutch but won't put much back in to charge the battery.
If you are doing 5 acres with only 4 to 10 starts a decient battery will see you through.
Just plug it into a trickle charger when you put it back in the shed.

If you are going to do a rebuild on the kawakasi over the off season you should get through with the intek without dramas.

Before you start just check the spindle diameters as they are generally 1" on domestic engines and 1.125" on commercials when you get over 20Hp

Thanks for the reply.
I'm hooking up a set of lights so would upgrade the alternator and possibly rebuilding the Kawasaki for the little mower.
Thanks on the spindle/crank will check into that.