Miller Bobcat 225G separating engine from welder

tybilly

Threads
My brother needs me to get these running before the next ice storm,he has 2 and needs to make 1 and ive never separated an engine from a generator,has anyone done this on a welder/generator? im assuming without seeing them they have the onan p216,wasnt sure if these have a tapered shaft or not.im going to his house 50 miles from me to check them out, tomorrow gonna throw as many tools as I can in the truck, to try and see what I can do at his house,Thanks Ty

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
My brother needs me to get these running before the next ice storm,he has 2 and needs to make 1 and ive never separated an engine from a generator,has anyone done this on a welder/generator? im assuming without seeing them they have the onan p216,wasnt sure if these have a tapered shaft or not.im going to his house 50 miles from me to check them out, tomorrow gonna throw as many tools as I can in the truck, to try and see what I can do at his house,Thanks Ty

The Onan generator I had dealings with the engine and generator couldn't be separated. The crank shaft was part of generator. I had to change the engine mag pick-up and to do so had to take the generator apart. You may have a different model then I did?

tybilly

Threads
The Onan generator I had dealings with the engine and generator couldn't be separated. The crank shaft was part of generator. I had to change the engine mag pick-up and to do so had to take the generator apart. You may have a different model then I did?
thanks im not anticipating any problems but was just wondering

tybilly

Threads
I wish my anticipation would've been right,the fuel tank needs removed on both units wich isn't too terrible but the 225NT the engine is seized,so its patiently spraying kerosene in the cylinders,or a shortblock,thanks for your input,

tybilly

Threads

you were absolutely right,the whole engine and stator had to be pulled out as a unit to remove the fuel tank,may do an engine swap,