mechanic problems

Snapper987

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently had a snapper mower with a briggs quantum taken to a local shop for service. It was a ready start engine that was having warm start problems. Upon recieving the unit i was billed for a carb cleaning and linkage adjustment. Upon using the mower for a while i noticed it would run rich on restart. Upon removing the shroud i found that the thermostat has been removed and the air vane spring deliberately stretched. I find this very dishonorable and am asking anyone one what action i should take against tge shop for shoddy work

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Customer Service: Contact Us | Snapper Mowers

The owner needs to know what you found and if he's a man of integrity he will ask you to bring it back for repair free of charge. If he him- haws around, gets defensive, does not want to repair, and is a snapper dealer, I would express complaint to above. The fact of the matter is, owner needs to know if he has a disgruntled employee, or does not know what he's doing, or just does not care or take pride in his work. If you have to contact Snapper and do not get results from support, go up the ladder to corporate management.

supertech

Threads
Man I see this kind of crap all the time. Don't let them get away with it. this it what makes the rest of us look bad. I call them clowns or hacks and cant stand it.

MRCo.

Threads
Man I see this kind of crap all the time. Don't let them get away with it. this it what makes the rest of us look bad. I call them clowns or hacks and cant stand it.
Agreed. My personal standards are that things are perfect, and I expect my employees to be the same.

ThaxtexGM

Threads

The Same with me, if you have a calm chat with him, why calm it's hard to get angry with someone that being nice.