McCulloh transmission problem

StevenVan

Forum Newbie
Threads
I made a video of the problem I experience (link below).
So my riding mower does go (with a lot of trouble pushing the pedal) in reverse, but when I try to push the forward pedal I hear a slipping noise.
The belts are good and not loose, I searched the internet and I cannot find this issue.
Mower worked fine, then I stopped it for a second, started, and then the issue was there.
The first part of the video is me driving backwards (shaky cam) en then I try to go forward and you will see what happens,
Thank you so much for your help.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
We normally the make and model numbers to even look up the equipment so we are lost without it.

With that said you have a General Transmissions RS800 or RT400 unit which other than external parts and minor are basically unrepairable. To me it looks like a RS800P (with your comment about forward/rev pedal) but the belt config is different than what I seen here.

Now the plastic parts do wear and the inversion rod tension as to be adjusted a little. Also debris is know to cause problems with the brake/clutch pedal not fully returning to home position.

RS800P service manual

And attached is the Husqvarna service bulletin on the brake debris.

Attachments

• RS800 Brake pedal.pdf
    481.6 KB · Views: 2

StevenVan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes i know, I do not know the model, but thank you very much for the information, for unfortunly I dont think this will help with my problem. I do not understand why there is a second black pulley. I this for the inversion?
I dont understand.