McCulloch Cs38Em chainsaw

Dan1129

Threads
The easiest possible way to replace fuel lines in tank! Got to get the hose through two holes and the 2nd you can't see!! Bout ready to rip my hair out! Any easy tips tricks let me know please. Lol. Pain in the a**

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sometimes it is easier to diassembly the saw to were you can access the fuel line hole, and then route the line from there. Just too time consuming to try to fish line around corners, and through tight holes.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
The easiest possible way to replace fuel lines in tank! Got to get the hose through two holes and the 2nd you can't see!! Bout ready to rip my hair out! Any easy tips tricks let me know please. Lol. Pain in the a**

Had to do my McCulloch 3200, awhile back,the trick to installing fuel lines is to buy way more than what you THINK you NEED ! The reason being , that when working with fuel lines on a saw that the lines entering the tank through a hole are a tad bit larger than the hole (or should be) to prevent leakage. to get these lines through the holes is more
than frustrating, and challenging, I find the easiest way is to use a RAZOR-Blade (knife) to slit the fuel line at a VERY LONG angle ( about 2 to 3 or more inches ( practically cutting it into 2 halves) (reason for extra line) then cut off one of the 2 pieces so the line now resembles a very fine pointed tiny SPEAR ! once you manuever the spear point into the tank openings, useing a piece of wire ( I use some aircraft safety wire, about .032 thousandths) but you can use some craft-wire about .020-.024 thousandths (found at Wal-Mart crafts Dept. or other craft stores) going through the tanks fill port I manage the line close enough to the opening so I can get a pair of long POINTED ELECTRONICS needle-nose pliers to grab it with ... you have to feed the line at the entrance point as you pull, OR it will sometimes break off , ( another reason for extra length lines) once you manage to pull enough line out of the fill port past the slit point cut the slit part off ,to make a clean cut, THEN .... EVER so GENTLY pull back on the line, at the entrance hole, to where you have the desired length inside the tank ,if it attaches to a filter assy. attach that BEFORE putting line back into tank (be sure you have enough line in the tank before cutting at the carburetor end ) ALWAYS INSTALL the line FURTHEST AWAY from the gas fill port FIRST ( dont want other line in the way, THINK AHEAD !! )

DSCN1869.jpg...DSCN1866.jpg...DSCN1867.jpg

Sorry to make you read a "book" but I tried to explain it to eliminate questions of procedure I use , ..:thumbsup:

Dan1129

Threads
Sometimes it is easier to diassembly the saw to were you can access the fuel line hole, and then route the line from there. Just too time consuming to try to fish line around corners, and through tight holes.

Besides removing the carb, what are other methods to disassemble the saw to gain access to tank holes easier?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If this is the saw I am thinking it is the two fuel lines go between the two halves of the case in front of the carb. the holes between the case and the fuel tank are offset to where the bottom hole in the case lines up with the top hole in the fuel tank. I have fished those lines through those in the past, but is just as fast to split the case.

Dan1129

Threads
If this is the saw I am thinking it is the two fuel lines go between the two halves of the case in front of the carb. the holes between the case and the fuel tank are offset to where the bottom hole in the case lines up with the top hole in the fuel tank. I have fished those lines through those in the past, but is just as fast to split the case.

Yes that be the saw! So the case will split in half? How hard of a job is that? seems like that would be way easier then tryin to fish the lines

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Forceps come in handy when connecting the fuel lines to the primer bulb after reassembly of the case. You will need to remove the screws from the rear handle to access a couple screws in that area, be careful about the trigger and the trigger lock parts coming out. disconnect the front handle from above the chain cover, and remove the screw holding the rear handle spring and take the screws out from around the outer edge of the left case half, and remove the oil cap and the case half should slide off. Just be careful when reassembling because the fuel lines going into the tank can get pinched if not aligned with the holes in the two case halves when reassembling.

Dan1129

Threads
Forceps come in handy when connecting the fuel lines to the primer bulb after reassembly of the case. You will need to remove the screws from the rear handle to access a couple screws in that area, be careful about the trigger and the trigger lock parts coming out. disconnect the front handle from above the chain cover, and remove the screw holding the rear handle spring and take the screws out from around the outer edge of the left case half, and remove the oil cap and the case half should slide off. Just be careful when reassembling because the fuel lines going into the tank can get pinched if not aligned with the holes in the two case halves when reassembling.

Thanks for all your help man. I'll give it a shot tomorrow I've got a pair of forceps to hold the lines with. I'll keep you posted Lol

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads

May I suggest, IF you have'nt started your disassembly (if you're going to) take pictures with a digital camera every
step of the way, .... they'll come in handy during reassembly of the spring in the trigger-handle .