Maybe the Fuel Filter?

Jack B.

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had my Troy-Bilt Colt ZT42 for about 4 years now with no major complaints. I've used it twice already this season. Today I'm into about 30 minutes of cutting with plenty of gas still in the tank and it sputters and dies as though it's out of gas. Trying to start it immediately I found it would turn over sufficiently but not re-start. After letting it set for about 10 minutes, it would start but only run a few seconds. My uneducated guess is that it's the fuel filter. I had a shop do some repairs a couple of years ago and I thought they changed the filter. If they didn't, I'm sure it is due because I cut close to 2 acres each season. Does this sound like the first thing I should check? If so, where the devil is the filter located? Unlike my old Murray, this manual is limited on details of where specific parts are located as is the Kohler engine manual. Hoping to get a pro's opinion on the problem and possible solution.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Change the fuel filter for sure. Cheap insurance which you can buy at any auto parts store. When I have a repair job come into my shop its one of the first things I change.