m-zt 61 hydro overfilled?

mdchambe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,

I recently purchased a mzt 61. I have put just 3 hours on so far but have enjoyed using it. I do have a question about the hydro reservoir. Upon getting the mower I check and the reservoir appeared low so I added 20w-50 up to what I thought was the cold fill level. Now after have used the mower I appear to have "sprung a leak". Is the small diameter rubber tube coming out the top tank an overflow? Whats the roughly 1/2 inch diameter 1 inch long thing attached to the end of that rubber tube?

Thanks!

740jsmayle

Threads
I had sorta the same problem. I started a thread about it ( mz-t arrived today). Check the overflow tube to see if it is to far down in the resivoir like mine was. That "thing" is a filter. I hope that helps .
Scott

mdchambe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks scott. It certainly does sound like the same issue although its the lh side that's covered in oil on mine. How deep should the overflow tube go into the reservoir? I'm thinking ill likely just drain all the fluid and refill with the correct amount. Hopefully ill not have a leak at that point. Thanks for your help!

One question about my filter/thing. Why would they have a filter at the end of the overflow tube?

740jsmayle

Threads
Why don't you call the dealer before you try to fix it ? It is under warranty . I don't know the reasoning behind the filter.