Lubing pedal pivot points

gimmodog

Forum Newbie
Threads
the best penetrating oil is definitely Aero Kroil. It is very expensive and stinks bad but it works great. Is also a little hard to find, most refrigeration supply stores carry it or you can order it online
Stan

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
the best penetrating oil is definitely Aero Kroil. It is very expensive and stinks bad but it works great. Is also a little hard to find, most refrigeration supply stores carry it or you can order it online
Stan

Never heard of it, I have a can of penetrating oil that is close to 15 years old now, I have always thought anything would basically work. A lot of people don't bother to tap things after squirting the oil on, the vibration helps work the stuff in.

gimmodog

Forum Newbie
Threads
You get a can of Aero kroil and try that and you'll never use anything else, believe me it puts all the others to shame.
Stan

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
yep....propane torch and a bowl of ice coubes or super cold water.....a little tapping goes a long way:thumbsup:

Black Bart

Threads
THAT BRINGS ME TO ANOTHER QUESTION......WHATS THE BEST PENETRATING OIL??

BLASTER

To lub pivot points I like aerosol can of motorcycle chain oil it comes out thin designed to run into a chain but a short time later it turns into a grease and stays in their.

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
that motorcycle lube is great!...i use it when my little squirt bottle cant get in there:thumbsup:....i dig blaster!....glad to here you guys like it too!............ill have to try that aero stuff

gimmodog

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is what the Aero Kroil can looks like. 2 different sized cans.

Attachments

• DSCN4182.jpg
    DSCN4182.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 14

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
ive seen that before in the parts place!...ill try it out:thumbsup:

benski

Threads
+2 on Aero Kroil.:biggrin: It smells like sin, but works very well. I have also had good luck with PB Blaster. Some heat, some smacking, and some patience will usually get stuff to let loose. Otherwise, an impact gun, a nut splitter, a cutting torch, or a grinder are my tools of the trade.:ashamed::wink::smile: