Engine Lube

jvn

Forum Newbie
Threads
the hour meter shows LUBE. does this mean its time for an oil change?

scott47429

Threads
yes thats your maintenance reminder time for a oil and filter change if it has a filter and time to lube all the grease fittings

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Also a reminder to give the unit a good checkover. Never hurts to also check air filter, belts and blades.

cstodd

Forum Newbie
Threads
Was going to post the same question. I bought a "2007" Prestige about 3 months ago from a dealer that just serviced it got it delivered ( I wasn't home so the wife played on it first) and used for about 30-45 minutes and had the engines let go, the mechanic didn't tighten the drain plug after changing the oil. Call them complaining and the said a new engine would be $2400 I told them to fix it for free or is see them in court. Needless to say its got a new engine with about 6 hours on it and I had the oil lube light come on. Oh and its got a 20hp motor which the quit putting in that mower in 2003.

cstodd

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is there a way to reset it without taking to the dealer?

enigma-2

Threads
Was going to post the same question. I bought a "2007" Prestige about 3 months ago from a dealer that just serviced it got it delivered ( I wasn't home so the wife played on it first) and used for about 30-45 minutes and had the engines let go, the mechanic didn't tighten the drain plug after changing the oil. Call them complaining and the said a new engine would be $2400 I told them to fix it for free or is see them in court. Needless to say its got a new engine with about 6 hours on it and I had the oil lube light come on. Oh and its got a 20hp motor which the quit putting in that mower in 2003.
Actually that's about right. Briggs states to make first oil change at 5 hours. (Course, if it was 2003 I would suspect that the hour gauge had been disconnected or whatever for a few years).:rolleyes:

enigma-2

Threads
Is there a way to reset it without taking to the dealer?
I was at my dealer when he did an oil change on my Simplicity (warranty service, had him do the 5 hr oil change while I was there). He told me that the meter cannot be reset and it will reset itself in a hour (or two - forget). Anyway, it re-sets itself.

One interesting thing about this hour meter, when I first turn it on, it shows the date of purchase for a second then switches to recorded hours. So ..... someone was able program it...
(Meant to ask him about it, but forgot).