LT150 vs D105 Auto: parts interchangeable?

bartles

Threads
I have 0 John Deere experience so I like some input:
I have two of the subject models. The 150 needs a hood and has a 38" "Edge" deck. The 106 has a 42" deck. Questions:
1. Will the 105 hood fit the 150?
2. Will the 105's 42" deck fit the 150?
3. I read where the 105 has a troublesome transmission system...true?

The 150 is in better condition but it would be a better mower with a 42" cut.
I appreciate any and all advice n opinions.

D

Deleted member 97405

LT and D series are two completely different machines built on completely different platforms. Nothing but the front wheels are interchangeable.

bartles

Threads
Thanks.....sort of looks like it from a brief time I looked at the 105. Does the 105 have a transmission /or drive pulley issue
that was addressed in a JD recall?

I appreciate your reply and help.

D

Deleted member 97405

There was no recall that I'm aware of. Those transmissions are junk, unfortunately. Too many external linkages that get affected by debris collecting on top of the transmission. That directly affects the movement of the variators. Also, the variators themselves weren't very good. Some owners had to replace them every few years depending on how aggressive you drive the machine. Hope this helps. FYI, that transmission is no longer used in any current models, thankfully!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The D105 uses a General Transmissions RS800P CVT. I agree the plastic housed transaxle is a pain to maintain. Just had one in the shop last month that was the RS800F version that need the controls section replaced to due wear and rusted up small bearings along the fiction pack.

The LT150 used the DANA/Splicer gear Transaxle.

These are not interchangeable either.

bartles

Threads
The D105 uses a General Transmissions RS800P CVT. I agree the plastic housed transaxle is a pain to maintain. Just had one in the shop last month that was the RS800F version that need the controls section replaced to due wear and rusted up small bearings along the fiction pack.

The LT150 used the DANA/Splicer gear Transaxle.

These are not interchangeable either.
Thanks!

bartles

Threads
There was no recall that I'm aware of. Those transmissions are junk, unfortunately. Too many external linkages that get affected by debris collecting on top of the transmission. That directly affects the movement of the variators. Also, the variators themselves weren't very good. Some owners had to replace them every few years depending on how aggressive you drive the machine. Hope this helps. FYI, that transmission is no longer used in any current models, thankfully!
Thanks!!