Repairs LT1046 23hp CV23S Kohler- when pour fuel donw carby it starts -clouds of blue smoke

Deerlane

Threads
  • / LT1046 23hp CV23S Kohler- when pour fuel donw carby it starts -clouds of blue smoke
If the carb just has a plug, the fuel solenoid wire can just stay unplugged. But if you install the solenoid, you must install the power wire.

Quote, Yes, made sure it pumped enough to fill bowl in about 5 to 10 sec. ( Is it Gas ) :ashamed:

:confused2: You are still not getting fuel to go into the carb from the pump :confused2:
Your sparks plugs are dry after a good 15 seconds of trying to start with full choke? Is your gas, good gas. LOL Maybe someone dumped water in your tank.

I thing we covered everything except choke, manifold leak, plug muffler, bad cam lobes. :mur:

what?

Threads
  • / LT1046 23hp CV23S Kohler- when pour fuel donw carby it starts -clouds of blue smoke
"You are still not getting fuel to go into the carb from the pump"

Yes, must be as spark plugs have fuel on them after turning the engine over.

Rechecked stuff again. Compression, spark, fuel etc. All OK.

Set up a gravity feed for fuel to be sure.

When I put a teaspoon of fuel down the carb throat, it fired for a couple of strokes and seemed to tick over for a couple more. Sounded promising, but would not start again.

Wondering:
If it runs like this is it indicating that air is entering the system. i.e. it gets the 'rich' mixture straight down the carb, mixes with the air leak and it is then the right mixture and it fires.
But with air getting in the mixture is too lean.

Or could it be anything else.

So far:
Fresh fuel gravity fed bypassing tank and pump.
New carb.
New spark plugs.
Key OK.
Compression OK.
Spark OK - blue.
Plugs wet - so fuel to cylinders.
Tested magneto (as per manual) OK.
Kicks over with fuel down carb

Deerlane

Threads
So the plugs are getting fuel from the carb and pump. Also by a remote tank by gravity.

I would do this if you feel you can. Get a can of carb cleaner. Start engine with gas down the carb and then SHORT BURST of carb cleaner down the carb to keep the engine running for a 30 seconds or so. If you can, still have the fuel IV working. Make sure you do this outside.

I'm starting to get lost

what?

Threads
Looks like I got it running. Took the manifold off (again) and carefully put gasket goo on the surfaces and re-tauqued it.

Hit the started and it ticked over - at last. Strange as it had new gaskets. But great news!!

Thanks everyone for your help, especially Deerlane.

Now I need help figuring the springs on the throttle/governor please.

The shorter spring. I didn't see where it came from when I disassembled. I thought I could figure it out, but it has me wondering. I can't seem to see where it goes. Any clues please?