Lopes at low speed under load

cambre

Threads
My old Craftsman ZTS7500 lopes or lunges at low speed under a load. Does OK at full speed. When it first started doing this I found the transmission oil low on both. I refilled them and it seemed to help but started doing the same thing after a while. Trans still full, no leeks. I there an adjustment for this? Mower has over 1700 hrs on it and was probably not meant to last this long. I take very good care of all my machinery. The trans is sealed and suppose to be maintenance free. Their is a small breather hose on the trans. Oil can be replenished there. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

turbofiat124

Threads
I was told loping is a sign the throttle shafts seals are worn so false air is entering the engine which then causes the engine to slow down then the govenor speeds the engine back up. Then the cycle repeats. I had a Snapper with an 8 hp Tecumseh engine that would do this but would go away when I engaged the blade.

cambre

Threads
I was told loping is a sign the throttle shafts seals are worn so false air is entering the engine which then causes the engine to slow down then the govenor speeds the engine back up. Then the cycle repeats. I had a Snapper with an 8 hp Tecumseh engine that would do this but would go away when I engaged the blade.

That is good to know. I will check that out. Thanks