Looks as if Husqvarna dumped Kohler.

TnHusky

Threads
I had posted in the Husqvarna section about my encounter at Lowes with the engine change on the YTH24K48 Fast Tractor to a Briggs engine. :eek: After doing more digging it appears they may have moved away from Kohler altogether. IMO this will be a mistake because the engine they have chose is the Briggs Intek. I may be wrong on this but with a lot of the most recent problems with a lot of Intek engines they may regret this move. I do however remember the Single Kohlers giving trouble but I think that's all in the past. I've put over 50hrs on my 24hp Kohler engine and it is very strong and plenty of tq to get the job done. Probably just got under bid I guess.
So as it stands now, if I bought another Husqvarna I'd have to move to a Kawasaki engine. I don't know, I may be to harsh in my thinking.

Threads
I had posted in the Husqvarna section about my encounter at Lowes with the engine change on the YTH24K48 Fast Tractor to a Briggs engine. :eek: After doing more digging it appears they may have moved away from Kohler altogether. IMO this will be a mistake because the engine they have chose is the Briggs Intek. I may be wrong on this but with a lot of the most recent problems with a lot of Intek engines they may regret this move. I do however remember the Single Kohlers giving trouble but I think that's all in the past. I've put over 50hrs on my 24hp Kohler engine and it is very strong and plenty of tq to get the job done. Probably just got under bid I guess.
So as it stands now, if I bought another Husqvarna I'd have to move to a Kawasaki engine. I don't know, I may be to harsh in my thinking.

And thats a good thing. I agree Kohler had a bad run, and they have improved lately, and Briggs had a bad run as well but my next one will be a Kawi. I have to say though my briggs intek has had a beating, and it still runs like new with 457 hrs on it. Most issues some have are not because of the engine brand its because of the person who owns them doesnt know how to properly service them. Have you seen the newer Husqvarna tractors with the Kawi engines, and the fab cutting decks Tn?

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Husqvarna seem to make nice tractors! I've been sometimes thinking about getting one instead of a ZTR to mow my bigger lawns.

TnHusky

Threads
And thats a good thing. I agree Kohler had a bad run, and they have improved lately, and Briggs had a bad run as well but my next one will be a Kawi. I have to say though my briggs intek has had a beating, and it still runs like new with 457 hrs on it. Most issues some have are not because of the engine brand its because of the person who owns them doesnt know how to properly service them. Have you seen the newer Husqvarna tractors with the Kawi engines, and the fab cutting decks Tn?

Yes I have, and actually started looking at one of these at the beginning of my search. I'm glad I didn't though, my 48" deck is plenty big enough and I still get it hung in a couple of spots where the terrain goes from flat to hilly. Again I'm very satisfied with my mower so far and will continue to use it for a long time if there's no major issues to speak of. Is it the perfect mower, probably not but who's is? If I was mowing on a perfect flat yard I would have chose a ZTR but I'm not doing that at all, my yard sucks as far as being perfect. I'll agree about the Kawi though, I think they've got the market as far as engines right now, or appears that way.

Threads
Husqvarna seem to make nice tractors! I've been sometimes thinking about getting one instead of a ZTR to mow my bigger lawns.

Yep, and the 7.8 mph is a plus for a tractor style mower.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, based on reader info I would only look at Husky/Kaw if the Intek goes away.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Who is making this tractor for Huskey?

Straydog

Threads

I have been wondering about that too. I have the Kohler in my "Fast Tractor" that I bought last summer. Now I see they come with the Briggs. If I was buying today I think I'd go with the Kawasaki. So far so good with the Kohler though...:2cents: