Looking to buy a new Zero Turn

BHLC

Threads
I currently have two Ferris zero turns. One is a is500 with a 52" deck, the other is an is2000 with a 61" deck. We are looking at other manufactures, Bobcat, Toro, and as of tonight Exmark. Anyone have any input on these 3? We need a good striping mower. My Bobcat classic wb lays great stripes. They say the z's are just as good, we are demoing a Predator Pro next week.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
I honestly think scag makes the best cutting machine out there. We currently use dixie choppers and they stripe nice but like i said i think the scag velocity deck is where it's at if your looking for stripes. But there are a lot of nice commercial ZTRs out there just keep demoing them till you find whats best for your operation they all have their pros and cons

GGOSSLER

Threads
I personally enjoy the Gravely HD ZT with 52" deck, purchased almost two years ago

now and have thouroughly enjoyed it. It replaced a 10 year old JD 345 with 54" deck,

there was a definite learning curve for me in the operation of the ZT capability. But

after about 3 mowing efforts, I seemed to have gotten it right. Gravely absolutely

cuts a beautiful lawn, I have St. Augustine, mow at 3 1/2 inches, mow approx 2 acres

and do it every 5 to 6 days.

Several great models out there, do lots of research, try them out, consider you budget

then go for it.

Good Luck

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We run Kubota and they are tough machines as well. Before you buy I recommend you demo one of them as well. We have a ZD 326 that is one tough machine.

BHLC

Threads
We run Kubota and they are tough machines as well. Before you buy I recommend you demo one of them as well. We have a ZD 326 that is one tough machine.

You running diesels?

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
You running diesels?

ZD 326 is diesel. ZG 222 is gas. If I had it to do over I probably would have bought the ZD 221 instead of the ZG 222. We need o keep a 48" mower but if that diesel is like the one in the 326 it is awesome.
ZD 326 is a 60" mower.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
The kabotas are nice machines but holy cow they are proud of them $$. My utility tractor is a Kubota and it's as tough as a bull dozer the little diesel that could. I couldn't afford to run Kubota for our ZTR.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
The kabotas are nice machines but holy cow they are proud of them $$. My utility tractor is a Kubota and it's as tough as a bull dozer the little diesel that could. I couldn't afford to run Kubota for our ZTR.

We bought the ZG 222 last August and the ZD326 this spring. Both of them have about 175 hours on them now. We cut a lot of rough yards with tall grass. In fact at times they have been run under brutal conditions. We have put two belts on the 222. Also had a vent stop up and caused it to puke the front seal out of the deck gear box. Also had a wheel bearing on one front caster wheel. The 326 has not had anything done to it other than normal service. Because of some of the conditions they have operated under I would say that the Kubota mowers are incredibly tough.

Last winter we ran the 222 mulching pecan leaves and that is probably the reason for the gearbox vent stopping up and also that is what got the first set of belts.

Mid TN Lawn

Threads
We bought the ZG 222 last August and the ZD326 this spring. Both of them have about 175 hours on them now. We cut a lot of rough yards with tall grass. In fact at times they have been run under brutal conditions. We have put two belts on the 222. Also had a vent stop up and caused it to puke the front seal out of the deck gear box. Also had a wheel bearing on one front caster wheel. The 326 has not had anything done to it other than normal service. Because of some of the conditions they have operated under I would say that the Kubota mowers are incredibly tough. Last winter we ran the 222 mulching pecan leaves and that is probably the reason for the gearbox vent stopping up and also that is what got the first set of belts.
I have run lots of brands and Kubota has been by far the strongest and toughest machines. I have always been able to buy them as cheap as any other major brand. If you go with the diesel you will save big on fuel costs.

Raw Dodge

Threads
I love kubota engines, tractors and anything they make, they are great quality machines... however a good friend of mine who uses kubota ZDs has had nothing but trouble with his 2 machines hydraulic systems. The pumps and wheel motors are integrated and extremely expensive to replace. He has his rebuilt a fee times with only short term success... He's spent a fortune on there machines over 7000 per machine in replacement and repair of the drive system. I wouldn't buy one unless they have made changes and fixed them.