Comparison Looking for ztr

indio51

Threads
Scag Freedom or Hustler Raptor sd

I am looking at the Scag Freedom Z 48 with Kohler 7000 series or the Hustler Raptor sd with Kawasaki engine. By Friday I will buy one or the other. I live in the Ozarks lots of rocks. I was just looking at the Scag Freedom Z but a buddy has insisted I look at the Hustler Raptor sd. Which will last longer?

Last edited:

indio51

Threads
Last night I wrote a email to SCAG (corporate) last night and this morning Bright and Early I received a phone call from a rep from SCAG "Justin" and the subject was the engine offer for this year, the Kohler 7000 series. After the conversation I feel better about the Kohler engine. He pointed out that it has a bigger oil filter along with a Two Stage Intake Air Filtering System :smile: I will be test driving the SCAG Freedom Z Saturday. I am very pleased with customer service and that means a lot. He asked who if any I was dealing with. I told him the dealer in Monett and he ask if Doug was who I was dealing with and sure enough. Then when I got home he had emailed me and told me he had called and talked with Doug and wished me the best. So that is a good thing. Just keeping everyone up to date. :thumbsup:

tbarnett

Threads
Re: Scag Freedom or Hustler Raptor sd

I am looking at the Scag Freedom Z 48 with Kohler 7000 series or the Hustler Raptor sd with Kawasaki engine. By Friday I will buy one or the other. I live in the Ozarks lots of rocks. I was just looking at the Scag Freedom Z but a buddy has insisted I look at the Hustler Raptor sd. Which will last longer?

You didn't mention how much property you have to mow but when I went to my dealer yesterday I saw the new Scag Liberty Z and it was very impressive for a residential mower. All for a list price of $4299.00 (48").