Looking for replacement crankshaft

justbob

Forum Newbie
Threads
My lovely 12 year old decided to mulch up what used to be my B box in the front yard taking out the blades and crankshaft. I guess in this case its still Honda 1 / B box 0 considering it technically still runs.. :rolleyes:

Anywho, I am having trouble finding the correct drive shaft for this model.

M# HRR216VXA
S# MZCG-8217583
Engine# GJAPA 1330901

This is a Honda GCV160 engine

Also, what other parts should I replace as for seals and gaskets? Did I mention I bought this brand new this season and it hasn't even received it's first oil change yet? :mad:

Thanks.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is the crankshaft bent? Never tryed it but I have heard stories that if you take a big hammer and give it a whack it will bend back straight. Worth a try seeig its free.

justbob

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is the crankshaft bent? Never tryed it but I have heard stories that if you take a big hammer and give it a whack it will bend back straight. Worth a try seeig its free.

I have read many success stories on this as well. But I have also read that it is forged and you compromise its strength for the next metal run in.. I have heard of two cases where it shattered but luckily stayed under the deck. not too sure how to punish fore mentioned boy, but taking his legs might come off as over the top and probably not PC. LOL thanks for the response though.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am a firm believer in being safe, and if it doesn't feel safe don't do it.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Can't find parts for a new Honda, boy what does that tell you about Honda.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not sure why this is a problem for your Honda dealer....this is a very common part. It fits seven different mowers and three different general purpose engines.

Part Number is 13310-ZM0-640 and the MSRP is $27.76. Our parts computer shows plenty in stock and ready to go.

If you're not getting the results you want from this dealer, you can look for another one here:

Honda Power Equipment: Honda Generators, Lawn Mowers, Snowblowers, Tillers

Caveat: Honda publishes MSRP, but actual selling prices are set by each independently owned dealer.
Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
27.76 dollars for a new crankshaft and earlier someone was saying only 16.00 for a new carburetor. Looks like some great prices for Honda parts. Around here in NY I can't buy used parts fot that kind of money.

justbob

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not sure why this is a problem for your Honda dealer....this is a very common part. It fits seven different mowers and three different general purpose engines.

Part Number is 13310-ZM0-640 and the MSRP is $27.76. Our parts computer shows plenty in stock and ready to go.

If you're not getting the results you want from this dealer, you can look for another one here:

Honda Power Equipment: Honda Generators, Lawn Mowers, Snowblowers, Tillers

Caveat: Honda publishes MSRP, but actual selling prices are set by each independently owned dealer.
Thank you very much. I have not gone to the dealer as of yet for the part. I just begun searching the net but couldn't seem to find a corresponding spec #. I will probably be in touch.

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thank you very much. I have not gone to the dealer as of yet for the part. I just begun searching the net but couldn't seem to find a corresponding spec #. I will probably be in touch.

Most Honda dealers would love to have you come to the shop and see what they have to offer, even if only to pick up a part for your mower.

That said, those same dealers would probably take your credit card and ship you the part UPS if you prefer. If your local dealer is a long drive, the UPS shipping charge might be cheaper than burning your fuel and time to go pick it up. If your dealer won't sell over the phone, just type the part number into google and you'll find a few that will.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
27.76 dollars for a new crankshaft and earlier someone was saying only 16.00 for a new carburetor. Looks like some great prices for Honda parts. Around here in NY I can't buy used parts fot that kind of money.

As a Honda dealer I have found that Honda engines are a higher price engine but repair parts are cheap in a lot of cases. The one that I like is the carb for a gc160 is 18.99 and the needle valve for the carb is 24.99.