Looking for a new push mower

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am not in the market as I'm happy with my mowers, but if I was, I'd probably jump on that Husky for the price VS features. AWD and those features for 300 bucks? That's a good deal. Good to see a LawnBoy in that review doing so well. I'm way more into 2 stroke when it comes to LawnBoy, but that's not a bad deal either on that mower. But for the same price, I'd go with the Husky and the AWD.

I like the two stroke lawn boys for mowing the ditch along the road. Four stroke smoke to much when they get on a steep pitch.

We looked at the husky. My wife things it's to heavy when turning around.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I like the two stroke lawn boys for mowing the ditch along the road. Four stroke smoke to much when they get on a steep pitch.

I only had one 2 stroke I think it needed adjusted I mowed a small 5x5 section with it cut nice ran nice the lawn in that square died a few days later lol

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I only had one 2 stroke I think it needed adjusted I mowed a small 5x5 section with it cut nice ran nice the lawn in that square died a few days later lol

That's to funny.

bt3

Threads

I grew up on 2 acres with 1 acre of lawn. It was out in the country and we had a large ditch running along the road.

My Father (RIP) had a power Reel mower from REO that did a very nice job, and another Rotary REO with CRANK START. Remember those? Neat, I wish I still had those.

But for ditch mowing, he had a "TORO FLYMO". It was 2 stroke and had no wheels. It was a "Hover Mower" and VERY light. It looked like a little hover craft and floated over the lawn from blade pressure. Great for mowing ditches. I was able to find a picture online of a FlyMo;

flymo.jpg

I also found a Youtube of that 1953 REO Reel powered mower my dad had. Brings back memories.

6string

Forum Newbie
Threads
OP;

You should have a nice picture now of your choices! For the size of your yard, you have a lot of choices.

Definitely! I appreciate the help!

6string

Forum Newbie
Threads
I ended up getting a Craftsman with a Honda engine that I got on sale. I've used it five times now and it performs great for my yard. Although, I'm not one to let my grass get too tall so I haven't exactly put it to the test. Thanks for all the feedback. This forum was really helpful.

Bill Martin

Threads
Hondas and Toros are great choices. End of season sales are a good though but you have to be quick to get them before they sell out.