Buying Advice Looking for a new (ish?) front mount Grasshopper mower

valrayco

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Looking for a new (ish?) front mount Grasshopper mower
I have just joined this forum and am looking for advise.... so I have come to the experts here.

I live in Kenosha, WI. and currently have an Ariens Zoom ZTR mower that is really hard on my body over lumpy ground. I am 67 and feel like I need a new set of kidneys every time I mow. I plan on getting a new(ish?) front mount mower in the next 30 days mainly because of the ease of maintaining the deck and blades. Everyone makes a mid mount mower, but not so much front mounts. I have about 1.5 acres to mow and a long driveway to snow blow.

To make a long story short, I am currently looking at 727T EFI 52" mower with a 48 or 60" snow blower attachment. My reasoning for this mower is that a smaller 623 is maxed out with a 52" deck and 48"snow blower; the 727 EFI is more fuel efficient than the 725 and the 700 series mowers would keep their value better, if well maintained, as they are more versatile. I do not mow commercially, so don't think the extra cost for a diesel engine would be worth while. In your opinion, is the 727 way overkill?

I have seen a used 2005 725G2 (200 hrs) with 48' snow blower with cab and 52" deck for about $6,000 located in Michigan, which seems to be a good deal, but I know nothing about the quality of used equipment. If I can, I usually buy new, and Grasshopper seems to have a good reputation and hold their value well. Cost is not a major factor (unless outrageously high)...reliability, ease of maintenance, drive handling (some 15 deg or less side hill mowing), and a smooth ride (Grammar seat?) are the most important to me.

173abn

Threads
I bought my used 928d for 5000.00 on CL 4yrs ago.front mount w/a newer 60" deck....russ

MBDiagMan

Threads
If the 725G2 with all that equipment is in good condition, that sounds like a very good price.

edporch

Threads
I have a 727 with a 61" deck with the medium lift blades and it handles the grass great, even if I let it get a little tall.

For 1.5 acres I'd go with a 61" deck instead of the 52".

bobbysr

Threads
I would get a 60" blade before a snowthrower. The blade will push lots of snow & is more maneuverable than a snow thrower. _ source I have a 60" blade & a 48" snowthrower. Also I'd get the 61" deck.