looking for 1st ZTR, heavily leaning on the Liberty Z

Homer1

Threads
  • / looking for 1st ZTR, heavily leaning on the Liberty Z
According to the store it's 3 years on the engine, but It's not the VG, it's the Turf edition, with the upgraded filter basically just an Intek engine with different filters. The guy at the store said the had been known to be sent out with crap seals on the oil pan causing it to start leaking after a while. Even said sometimes they will leak on the floor if they sit there too long.

It's repairable and he quoted about a 1 day turnaround on the fix if it should happen, which should be well within 2 years.

I test drove it, seems to be pretty solid, and I have B&S on my other mower, but it's the older Intec style. The price point is nice though, about 6k out the door for the Pro, despite the Briggs engine. I may be able to get a hitch thrown in and a little cheaper price with cash. I think I'm going to be better off in the end with the Pro, as it's got the larger drive wheels, better hydros.

I was quoted a price of 5800 on the regular Freedom Z with a Kaw FR or Kohler 7000. It's wheels are smaller and the hydros are 2800. Seems like a no-brainer for the Pro unless I'm missing something.

Homer1

Threads
Ended up buying the Liberty Z Pro, although it was an early model without the "Pro" decals. However the drive wheels, transmissions, and engine all reflected the pro model. The deal was too good to refuse.

Brought it home, had to add a little oil to the hydro tank as it was bone dry, brought it up to about 1/4 in the window to leave room for expansion.

Mowed in 11am wet crab grass and there wasn't a spot missed, and it handled well. I am very pleased thus far! Will take a little getting used to, but I think the regular Freedom Z would be ample for what I am doing, mainly residential and only weekly.

If you haven't tried this mower, you really should demo it. I plan to be very happy for years to come!

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have two tiger cat Scags. I have not run a mower nor seen one run that will cut stemmed grass with one. Excellent cut. Excellent service.