Look what I just got

MowerMike

Threads
I just picked up this Echo PE-225 stick edger at my local Home Depot store after returning the new Ryobi cordless stick edger that died after 10 minutes of use. Got in some edging before sundown, and the difference in power between the Echo and the Ryobi is tremendous. :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMGP1482.jpg
    IMGP1482.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMGP1483.jpg
    IMGP1483.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMGP1484.jpg
    IMGP1484.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 52
  • IMGP1485.jpg
    IMGP1485.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 45
Threads
Looks awesome! As you know, I got the same one in December...I love it so far! I got some good edging time in the other day (see pictures). Please tell me how you like it once you get to use it some more, and maybe we can help each other if we have a question! :tongue:
Edging around the flowerbed: 1.jpg
Edging along the road: 2.jpg

Last edited:

MowerMike

Threads
So today I used it and noticed that the gearbox gets really hot. Is this normal or do I have a problem ?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
So today I used it and noticed that the gearbox gets really hot. Is this normal or do I have a problem ?

They do get warm, You may want to check and see if the head has enough grease.

MowerMike

Threads
They do get warm, You may want to check and see if the head has enough grease.

The manual says to use either "POWER BLENDX" or "lithium base" grease. Would white lithium grease work, or is it something different ? TIA

BHLC

Threads
I don't own an edger. Always use a straight shovel and a shingle removal shovel. How well do they work? Serious time savings?

Threads

I have not noticed if that happens on my edger, but I know it does on my trimmer and nothing has happened because of it!

Threads
I don't own an edger. Always use a straight shovel and a shingle removal shovel. How well do they work? Serious time savings?

YES! It saves tons of time and looks just as good/better. See my pictures in post #2 of this thread. And where I live the grass is not higher than the road/sidewalks (like MowerMike's pictures), so if it was it would look even better! :rolleyes:

MowerMike

Threads

It's like the difference between using a manual reel push mower and a powered rotary mower.

MowerMike

Threads
I have not noticed if that happens on my edger, but I know it does on my trimmer and nothing has happened because of it!

That's good to know. The edger uses the same type of shaft and gearbox as your trimmers. Do you notice any difference between the curved shaft GT and straight shaft SRM ?