Location of Permanent Serial number on a Dixie Chopper,Model# X2303

JKQ

Threads
  • / Location of Permanent Serial number on a Dixie Chopper,Model# X2303
There is no sticker on the right side of frame.The sticker under seat area where serial number would go only has 2 zero's on it.This is a Model# X2303 with a 60" cutting deck.I'm hoping the # is stamped somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
IF its got a 60" deck it is more likely a X2703-60 and as far as I know there is no place where the numbers are stamped on the frame.

JKQ

Threads
It has a sticker that says X2303 , Quad Loop. if there is no stamped serial# then what is my option?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Lump it. Right now I got a Super Z in the shop where the engine model and spec label is gone. I all know for it is a CV740 or CV750. There is not even hp label visible so I would have do the same here by comparing parts. there is only 154 CV740 and 35 CV750 to choose from. Only which Super Z it is as the customer had record it before the label got lost.

Here a list of the X models as you'll see the 60" deck was only offered on the X2503 and X2703 mowers. So what may have been done someone swap out the decks. If that is the case then you will have to look at the X2503 and X2703 decks and compare the parts to your deck. Basically it become an informed guess as to which parts you will need.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some of the older models have it stamped into the frame where the back of the seat rest on the cross bar. There could be a strip of foam backed tape over it. It usually on the right side of the cross bar. But could be on the left side as well. If it is there invert the first two numbers and that is the year it was built. Some models have a small white sticker on the cross bar where the front of the seat hinges.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
What engine does it have on it? Is it the original engine? If it is a Kohler you can look at the model serial no. if there and it will tell you when the engine was made. Mowers are usually made that year or the next. What parts do you need?

Last edited:

JKQ

Threads
Some of the older models have it stamped into the frame where the back of the seat rest on the cross bar. There could be a strip of foam backed tape over it. It usually on the right side of the cross bar. But could be on the left side as well. If it is there invert the first two numbers and that is the year it was built. Some models have a small white sticker on the cross bar where the front of the seat hinges.
Thank you, it was where you said it would be.The serial # I found is 0028680,Sticker says it's a X2303 Quad Loop,With a 60" cutting deck.What service manual should I buy?