Leveling ZTR Mower Deck

Brucebotti

Threads
When you level your mower decks, how do you get an accurate measurement from the blad tip to the ground? It's not too bad on the side with the chute, but the other side is nearly impossible to measure. Once I have it level, I'm thinking of cutting a block as a guide to use for future measurements.
Thanks,
Bruce

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I made my leveling tool for $2.00. You need to get a 3/8" threaded rod coupler and a 2" long 3/8" bolt. Put the two together and you now can level with ease. One a level surface adjust the bolt until it just touches the blade tip on one side and then check the other side. When both sides are within 1/16" you are done, then check the front to rear level and adjust until the difference is equal to the thickness of the bolt head.

Brucebotti

Threads
I made my leveling tool for $2.00. You need to get a 3/8" threaded rod coupler and a 2" long 3/8" bolt. Put the two together and you now can level with ease. One a level surface adjust the bolt until it just touches the blade tip on one side and then check the other side. When both sides are within 1/16" you are done, then check the front to rear level and adjust until the difference is equal to the thickness of the bolt head.

Rivets,
Thanks! Your way is much easier than what I was planning on doing. I do tend to over complicate things...:laughing:

Now another question. Say I level the deck at the 2.5 inch setting. If I raise it to say 4 inches, will the deck still be level?
Thanks,
Bruce

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes, it will remain level at all heights as long as all adjuster nuts and bolts are tight.