lesco?

cameron lauricella

Forum Newbie
Threads
hey everyone my question is, does lesco still make and sell mowers? i do not know much about lesco mowers but since i've been looking to buy a commercial walk behind for next spring i wanted to do my research on all the brands. and when it was lesco's turn i can't even find a lesco website.

Parkmower

Threads
I don't believe they made mowers. Some other company made them and lesco put their name on them and sold them.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
hey everyone my question is, does lesco still make and sell mowers? i do not know much about lesco mowers but since i've been looking to buy a commercial walk behind for next spring i wanted to do my research on all the brands. and when it was lesco's turn i can't even find a lesco website.

The Cub Cadet zero turn mowers are the same as the Lesco Z-Two. Don't get confused by the Z-Two's green color. While Lesco main business is fertilizer, it resells the Cub Cadet mower under the Lesco brand name and a green coat of paint.
If you plan on buying a Lesco Z-Two mower, Lesco has been bought out by John Deere Landscapes. Many stores no longer sell mowers or do repairs. They are focusing on just selling chemicals and landscape materials. Parts availability and service could be an issue.

Parkmower

Threads
Our local John Deere landscapes(formerly lesco) sells John Deere commercial mowers but don't think they service them.

cameron lauricella

Forum Newbie
Threads
lesco mid size walk behinds?

if any of you guys or gals out there know anything about the lesco mid size walk behinds, i would appreciate it if you all would share your knowledge with me. like all the different walk behind models, hows the cut quality, is there a lot of maintenance or not? things like that. appreciate all the help!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Re: lesco mid size walk behinds?

if any of you guys or gals out there know anything about the lesco mid size walk behinds, i would appreciate it if you all would share your knowledge with me. like all the different walk behind models, hows the cut quality, is there a lot of maintenance or not? things like that. appreciate all the help!

Well the Lesco like I said is the same thing as the Cub Cadet. The spindles are greased from the top of the mower when the hood or cover is removed and the blade belt is replaced from the same place. There are also grease fittings on the front wheels and a couple back with the peerless drive unit. Your height adjustment is done by removing the pins in the front and dropping the wheels and adjusting the half inch spacers and greasing the things when needed. All in all it's a pretty simple mower maintenance wise if you like playing in the grease. The cut quality is like any other walk behind it's fairly good, not like a ztr but good. Oh and to change the blades or to remove them for sharpening you'll need to remove the nuts on top of the pulleys under the cover and you'll need to remove the nine inch bolt out of the spindle from the bottom or underneath the mower, just make sure you put the spacers back in the same order when you re-install the blades.