leaking gas

Tommy053

Forum Newbie
Threads
..... it seems when i add gas to tank , it comes out primer bulb hole.

Bulb seems ok, but after inspection the air cleaner gasket is bad, would this cause the problem mentioned or are there other problems ?

THANKS !!

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Is this a water pump, generator, pressure washer, lawnmower, trimmer, edger, tiller or something else.

We need to know what kind of engine you are working on with model number so we can see what it looks like please.

Tommy053

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is this a water pump, generator, pressure washer, lawnmower, trimmer, edger, tiller or something else.

We need to know what kind of engine you are working on with model number so we can see what it looks like please.

it's a B & S 12H802 lawnmower.... sorry

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The float valve is leaking. You will need to remove the carb, clean and install a carb kit. this model most likely has the rubber valve seat that will need to be replaced. Just don't get any spray carb cleaner around the new seat because it will swell and then crumble.

Tommy053

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks very much for that info. !!!!!!, i will give it a try, i'm no gear head but i will get a kit and give it a try, doesn't work as it is :), 'nothin to lose .

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
take your time and take pictures if needed to aid reassembly

Tommy053

Forum Newbie
Threads
wellllll, i tried, not a lot on this simple carb to do. I changed the needle, the seat, etc. blew out and cleaned, re-did with new parts........ put back together.....still gas runs out freely out of the primer bulb............ at a loss.

thought i did good, but....... apparently NOT

any more ideas ? it can't be this hard.......?????

thanks, anyone :)

~tb

Tommy053

Forum Newbie
Threads
wellllll, i tried, not a lot on this simple carb to do. I changed the needle, the seat, etc. blew out and cleaned, re-did with new parts........ put back together.....still gas runs out freely out of the primer bulb............ at a loss.

thought i did good, but....... apparently NOT

any more ideas ? it can't be this hard.......?????

thanks, :)

~tb

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Everything I have read about this problem leads to a gasket leak. Check to make sure you put them on correctly and tight enough.