Lazer HP - 48"

seabrz

Threads
Hello,

I have an odd question. My neighbor and I bought a 48" Lazer HP with ultravac last year. About a month after we bought it, they decided emptying the bags was not convenient, and want to mulch. I want to still bag the clippings.

I know that no solution would be perfect, but we are thinking about just putting muching blades on. When they use it, they will just remove the bags, and when I use it, I will use the bags.

Would the mulch blades work with the ultravac? Their lawn service used to mow with a Navigator, and just not collect the clippings, which was acceptable to them. Neither one of us have "manicured" lawns.

Sorry for such a stupid question

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello, I have an odd question. My neighbor and I bought a 48" Lazer HP with ultravac last year. About a month after we bought it, they decided emptying the bags was not convenient, and want to mulch. I want to still bag the clippings. I know that no solution would be perfect, but we are thinking about just putting muching blades on. When they use it, they will just remove the bags, and when I use it, I will use the bags. Would the mulch blades work with the ultravac? Their lawn service used to mow with a Navigator, and just not collect the clippings, which was acceptable to them. Neither one of us have "manicured" lawns. Sorry for such a stupid question

First why do you not want to mulch?
It is so much better for your lawn to mulch.

You can use blades made for mulching and bagging just will not mulch as good as mulching blades and not going to bag as good as high lift blades.
I think the combo blades would fit both your needs.

seabrz

Threads
Thanks for your reply. It's not that I don't want to mulch, it's more that we have very wet springs and early summers in Maine, and the grass is very thick. Some folks in the neighborhood use professional lawn services, and even if they mulch in the dry summer, you need to collect the grass in the spring or it looks terrible.

When you say combination blades, that sounds like the ticket. Our mower is at the dealer for its service - maybe they can install and we can try it out.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for your reply. It's not that I don't want to mulch, it's more that we have very wet springs and early summers in Maine, and the grass is very thick. Some folks in the neighborhood use professional lawn services, and even if they mulch in the dry summer, you need to collect the grass in the spring or it looks terrible. When you say combination blades, that sounds like the ticket. Our mower is at the dealer for its service - maybe they can install and we can try it out.

Ok I understand.
You could just keep the bagging blades and cut his lawn for him as the exmark lazer is a fun mower to use.

LoCo86

Threads
Hello, I have an odd question. My neighbor and I bought a 48" Lazer HP with ultravac last year. About a month after we bought it, they decided emptying the bags was not convenient, and want to mulch. I want to still bag the clippings. I know that no solution would be perfect, but we are thinking about just putting muching blades on. When they use it, they will just remove the bags, and when I use it, I will use the bags. Would the mulch blades work with the ultravac? Their lawn service used to mow with a Navigator, and just not collect the clippings, which was acceptable to them. Neither one of us have "manicured" lawns. Sorry for such a stupid question

I've heard of a lot of civil law suits starting out this way.