Lawnboy capstan roller question

Ejd148

Threads
Hi,

I just replaced the wheels and capstan rollers on my LB 8461 commercial. When I start engaging the self propel, the right wheel contacts the capstan prior to the left. It's a very small gap,and when fully engaged they are both compressed on the wheels. I was wondering if there is any way to adjust this or will it work its way out as the wheels wear down? I swapped the wheels to see it it was a slight difference in diameter but had the same results.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
You probably need to replace the bushings, easy enough to figure out.....

impalass

Threads
Hi,

I just replaced the wheels and capstan rollers on my LB 8461 commercial. When I start engaging the self propel, the right wheel contacts the capstan prior to the left. It's a very small gap,and when fully engaged they are both compressed on the wheels. I was wondering if there is any way to adjust this or will it work its way out as the wheels wear down? I swapped the wheels to see it it was a slight difference in diameter but had the same results.
Behind the right wheel you have a adjustment to move the wheel. You have a slot to move the bolt and bracket.

robinb66

Threads
Adjusting the wheel like impalass said should work, should you have to replace the bushings it will require you to remove the capstan rollers, if so remember to make sure the keeper pin is straight up and down and use a block or something like that under the roller to keep is from breaking the plastic bushing cover, both when removing and replacing the capstan. Didn't brace the roller on mine with a block under it and when i went to tap the keeper pin back in the pressure from pushing down on the pin when pushing the keeper back in place broke the plastic.

Ejd148

Threads
Thanks for the advice, I plan on taking a look at it this weekend. I'll let you know if I run in to any problems.