lawn vacuum

DRH

Threads
Here are some photos of what I built 10 years ago. I built it primarily for sucking up leaves in the fall. the following summer I found how usefull it is for sucking up grass clippings. my "lawn" is pretty much marsh grass and I can only mow twice and then need to get the clippings off the lawn.
I started out hauling that away in bulk in a trailer, but then built the baler like the pine straw baler, and then built the next one horizontal as shown in the next thread.
this lawn vac is really nice, I can get over an acre of clippings in just 2 loads.
Denny

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 100

txzrider

Threads
you are 1 creative guy... you need to combine this and the bailer to automate it...

mowerman05

Threads
That's to cool for something homemade. I bet it didn't cost near what a store bought one would, much less built better.:drink:

DRH

Threads
thanks to both of you. I got lucky with the overall airflow , it will always fill from the back to the front and right to the top each time. it is perfectly balanced for dumping. sometimes I mow one day then suck up the dried clippings the following day. sometimes I am short of time so I just green chop right into it . either way works alright for the vac part of it. as for leaves, it will do in 2 hours what would take 3 days by hand.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
That is a very nice creation! It looks very cool and well made! Good job!