Lawn Sweeper Help

graydog

Threads
I have a 60" John Deere lawn Sweeper that I bought probably 15 years ago. We lost all of our leaves last night, so even though the sweeper has never done too good at picking up leaves, I decided to give it a try, pulling it with my 60" Great Dane ZTR mower. The wheels driving the brush were not getting enough grip to turn the brush against the large amount of leaves. I was about to give up and put it back in the shed, but decided to add some weight to see if that would make the wheels get better traction. I found a steel piece of scrap weighing about 30 lbs, so I tied it on to the sweeper above the wheels. IT WORKED GREAT. I swept up all my leaves in about 30 minutes. If you have this trouble, you might try this solution.

Last edited:

Arwing64

Threads
Lawn Sweepers have a tendency to do that. Many of them do not work as advertised. I have an old 38" Craftsman lawn sweeper that can't pick up leaves that well at all because it just slides across the ground. I'll have to try your idea. I was originally thinking of putting a engine on it. I have a spare Honda GX 240 that I would have put on this thing with a chain drive, and put a new set a wheels in the back. This idea will definitely save me time and labor. Thanks buddy.