Lawn Boy won't run

nh2488

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 1980 model 5247 that I can't get to run. I have owned this mower since it was new and have always taken good care of it.
I just use it for cutting around my 15 blueberry bushes.
When I took it out of the cellar this spring it started right up and ran, but the rpms were low. The following week when I tried to start it, it would fire right up,
but not stay running. I removed the carb, and took it apart. Everything seemed ok so I put it back together and it still did the same thing.
It seems to be getting gas, but won't stay running. Yes, it is new gas...medium grade.
Does anybody have any suggestions as to what the problem could be, and is it possible to buy a replacement carburetor for this motor?
Thanks

qd-16

Threads
I wonder if one of the crankshaft seals are leaking? Have you taken the muffler off and checked the exhaust ports to see if they are plugged? Just a couple of possibilities.

nh2488

Forum Newbie
Threads
I wonder if one of the crankshaft seals are leaking? Have you taken the muffler off and checked the exhaust ports to see if they are plugged? Just a couple of possibilities.

Thanks, I have not done either of those things. I will look into it. I never suspected something like that could cause that problem.