Laughed Until I Cried--Wish I Had Been There

Giles

Threads
My brother bought a Grevely convertable tractor (two wheel) and a 36"? front mounted mower. He then decided he needed to ride so he found a sulky that hitched to the rear. He was very happy, for a short time, and got a lot of grass and weeds cut.
I went over to his house and he was walking behind it--no sulky!
I asked him why and he stated--"them things are dangerous!"
I asked why and he informed me that while cutting the ditch in his front yard, he went down into the ditch, made a turn, and the handlebar grip contacted his private parts. He said no matter how loud he hollared, it didn't let up and he came close to wiping his whole reproductive system out.
He has the sulky for sale.

benski

Threads
My brother bought a Grevely convertable tractor (two wheel) and a 36"? front mounted mower. He then decided he needed to ride so he found a sulky that hitched to the rear. He was very happy, for a short time, and got a lot of grass and weeds cut.
I went over to his house and he was walking behind it--no sulky!
I asked him why and he stated--"them things are dangerous!"
I asked why and he informed me that while cutting the ditch in his front yard, he went down into the ditch, made a turn, and the handlebar grip contacted his private parts. He said no matter how loud he hollared, it didn't let up and he came close to wiping his whole reproductive system out.
He has the sulky for sale.
:eek: ANy time you've got mechanized things, long levers, and tender parts, it's a potential for disaster.

TheCaffeinatedOne

Threads
He's just inexperienced. Most of us have had to learn the Gravely Jump. I started with my neighbor's Commercial 10 with a 40" mower, dual wide turf tires and a sulky when I was about... 14 or so. Same thing happened to me and I learned to jump out of the way of those big chrome handlebars. I learned principles of leverage the hard way.

Tell your brother to grow 'em back and keep the sulky. He just has to learn the Gravely Jump and he'll be fine. :laughing:

Last edited: