LA 115 is Smoking

fred74

Forum Newbie
Threads
My LA 115 is 4 years old?as 200 hours on a 19 HP Briggs. As I pulled into the garage yesterday, I noticed smoke coming from the exhaust?.any ideas? I checked the oil level?t is up to the level and is clean.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey Mechanic Mark?.didn't get any text from you?did you mean to help me with my problem?

Absolutely, make sure choke is off and operating correctly after warming up engine, read my post above B&S engine smoking.

fred74

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you Mark, read all about B&S maintenance?.it is not overfull with oil?.but I guess it is a matter of installing a new head gasket?it seems especially true that it blows blue smoke when I have run it for a little while, and it is fully hot. Sometimes also when I turn, it seems to smoke a little.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you have a blown head gasket you will also have poor performance. Just how much oil do you use? If you don't have any running problems and the spark plug isn't fowling I would say run it like it is. but keep a eye on the oil level. Just what weight oil are you using? You might go to a straight SAE 30 if you haven't done so all ready. Always start small