L 118, 2004 yr, 20 hp

pull-do

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK,, JD, brain trust,,,, question and a favor,, this mower is being brought back from the dead, :laughing:, it was a victim of hurricane Ike,, friend of mine gave it to me, just a little TLC to bring it back so far, totally stripped it, including motor tear down,, everything pretty straight forward, but what is bad is the wiring harness, the main one from the dash to the motor,,, just a couple of connectors where the wires corroded and fell out from being flooded with salt water.

I need a picture of the harness showing the different colors of the wires and which connector they go to,,, ign. switch wires are fine,,, it's just the lower level wires where they got corroded and fell out, so I don't know which connector they go into ,,, so if somebody has a yr. model close to this one, could you snap a pic and post it, I can rebuild it.

Thanks,
Paul

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is no doubt going to be a very interesting restore...
As you have likely found, all the switches and connectors are most likely unreliable and need replacing... the wiring, fortunately is limited and should be fairly straight forward to replace...
Good luck with the project and if you have been taking pictures... post them and keep us following your progress... :smile:KennyV

pull-do

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is no doubt going to be a very interesting restore...
As you have likely found, all the switches and connectors are most likely unreliable and need replacing... the wiring, fortunately is limited and should be fairly straight forward to replace...
Good luck with the project and if you have been taking pictures... post them and keep us following your progress... :smile:KennyV

No pics yet,,, did get the deck painted by a industrial yard,, even though it was like new, I've always had my decks repainted, much better primer. What surprised me most was how "clean" the inside of the motor was,, pulled the plugs and drained the oil as soon as I got it home, salt water poured out of it,,, I was thinking this is going to be ugly, but it was clean, couldn't hardly believe it, there was some rust in the bottom of the cylinders about 1/3 around for about a inch, mikes out fine though, rings were shot, but that's it on the internals,, this is after the mower set for over a year with the motor full of saltwater,,, he was waiting on State Farm to show up for insurance.

Some of the wiring will give a challenge though, trying to figure what goes where. Oh yeah the carb was frozen from oxidation, but I got it and all the butterfies freed up, looks decent, still have to have a kit though, complete engine gasket kit, rings, and I'm sure a few other items,,, we'll see.