Kubota ZD326

bones66

Threads
............just make sure you keep your mower spindles greased they are expensive to replace. You don't have to grease every time you mow.

My spindles are HOT after mowing is this normal? They won't burn you with a quick touch but you cannot leave your hand on them. I do grease mine about 3-4 pumps every day I use it. I'm probably a little older than most of you so this mean I like to see some grease squirt out from somewhere as an indication that it's properly greased and can stop. I never see any come from anywhere on those spindles??? Should I?:confused:

KJINTF

Threads
Not sure why you would say you are a bit older than the rest of us - I have been retired for more than ten years now and loving life.

I have not noticed the spindles getting hot on my ZD326 w/ 60" deck but will check next time mow. As you I have not noticed any grease coming out of the shafts either will check that as well next time. When I finish mowing I use the shed air compressor to blow clean all the clippings and then do the required greasing

Maybe others can give us an idea as to the temperature of the spindles

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
My spindles are HOT after mowing is this normal? They won't burn you with a quick touch but you cannot leave your hand on them. I do grease mine about 3-4 pumps every day I use it. I'm probably a little older than most of you so this mean I like to see some grease squirt out from somewhere as an indication that it's properly greased and can stop. I never see any come from anywhere on those spindles??? Should I?:confused:

Some days I feel a LOT older..
I will check my spindles temp nest time I mow... I know they heat up, but not hot-hot...
I check my gear box frequently, They will run around 160 degrees when worked...

You will not see the grease come out of your spindles unless you are on the bottom... it will squeeze out around the 'grass cup' above the blade, but below the deck...
Kubota's were frequently sold "less than full" of grease, and unless you checked below the deck the first greasing, you may never have been full...
There are a lot of posts on TBN about having to do 10 to 20 strokes on the spindles before there was any indication that they were full... :smile:KennyV
BTW... I see this is your first post bones... WELCOME to another Kubota owner!

bones66

Threads
Not sure why you would say you are a bit older than the rest of us - I have been retired for more than ten years now and loving life. .............
Just guessing, been retired 3 years now!

Some days I feel a LOT older..

You will not see the grease come out of your spindles unless you are on the bottom... it will squeeze out around the 'grass cup' above the blade, but below the deck...

I will look around that area next time I have the blades off. Like I said I like to know about how many strokes it takes to get a little ooze.... than I know it's full. From then on I'll have some sort of reference point to the number of strokes.

BTW... I see this is your first post bones... WELCOME to another Kubota owner!

Thanks, I just accidentally stumbled on to the board! Good to be here. Got several more questions so I hope I don't wear out my welcome?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I just accidentally stumbled on to the board! Good to be here. Got several more questions so I hope I don't wear out my welcome?

Ask away, anytime... there are a lot of good folks here, also you may be able to answer some of the questions that come up.

Having a Kubota you should check out TBN, Kubota Tractor Forum - B-Series - L-Series - M-Series ... It IS the best Kubota site... owned & operated by the same great people that are bringing us this LMF site... :smile:KennyV

slc10844

Threads
Don't worry about the spindles getting hot unless one spindle is hotter than the rest, especially if you grease them regulary. I usually grease the deck each time out and put 4-5 pumps in each spindle. It has been my experience that if you grease until it comes out the excess gets slung around and makes a mess. The only exception is the gauge wheels. Everything else gets 1-2 pumps.

KJINTF

Threads
After 45 minutes of mowing all spindles about the same temperature and warm but not hot.

Check it out I found an easier way to get under the machine. Makes greasing the hard to get at drive shafts a lot easier. I agree too much grease makes a mess no need for that. Only problem is driving it back off the hoist the front wheels want to flip around, I'm still learning how to back up in a straight line.

Attachments

• DSC03392.JPG
    DSC03392.JPG
    192.5 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC03405.JPG
    DSC03405.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 63

slc10844

Threads
Only problem is driving it back off the hoist the front wheels want to flip around, I'm still learning how to back up in a straight line.

You can't keep the front wheels from flipping around when you go to back up. Try turning the wheels around by hand before backing off the lift.