Kohler twin oil pressure

rutbuster1

Threads
I don't think this is going to go like they think it will. I have already had bad experiences with customer product where they obsoleted the repair parts while the unit was still under warranty. Company comes out with a 40v model and customers purchase that item, but six month later that same company moves to the 56v model and no longer supply replacement parts or batteries for their 40v line. Or if the replacement battery is available the cost of the battery is more than it cost to just replace the item entirely with a new model.

And then you have to dispose of the old batteries. And how many of those lithium-ion batteries are going to end up in garbage trucks that catch fire. Or how many items will end up at the side of the road and in landfills because they are not worth repairing, or no parts available.
Seems to me that the 'all green' people do not take into account that when these batteries go bad, they have to be replaced. Imagine the cost it would be for a battery or batteries on an all EV lawn tractor or zero turn. Not to mention that the batteries are toxic to the environment. These batteries are supposed to be recycled but most people just throw them in the garbage can.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Seems to me that the 'all green' people do not take into account that when these batteries go bad, they have to be replaced. Imagine the cost it would be for a battery or batteries on an all EV lawn tractor or zero turn. Not to mention that the batteries are toxic to the environment. These batteries are supposed to be recycled but most people just throw them in the garbage can.
I think the replacement battery for the Greenworks Pro 60" commercial battery mower is something like $10-12K. The mower is $27K

rutbuster1

Threads
I think the replacement battery for the Greenworks Pro 60" commercial battery mower is something like $10-12K. The mower is $27K
How can anyone afford that? And that's just a lawn mower. Sheesh!

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
How can anyone afford that? And that's just a lawn mower. Sheesh!
Somebody is buying them. A few years back when Troybilt came out with their little 30" battery rider that looks like a rear engine snapper. The mower sold for $2500 and the replacement battery was $1800. So that mower went to the scrap pile when the battery went bad.

rutbuster1

Threads
Somebody is buying them. A few years back when Troybilt came out with their little 30" battery rider that looks like a rear engine snapper. The mower sold for $2500 and the replacement battery was $1800. So that mower went to the scrap pile when the battery went bad.
Waste of $$$ in my opinion.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
To those intent on virtue signaling, nothing is to expensive .
And apparently there is now a process that can recycle Li batteries safely.
In fact the machine can handle all types of rechargeable batteries

rutbuster1

Threads
To those intent on virtue signaling, nothing is to expensive .
And apparently there is now a process that can recycle Li batteries safely.
In fact the machine can handle all types of rechargeable batteries
Still a waste of $$$ for something that's going to bankrupt in a short time.