Kohler SV730 hunting while idling

xmariner

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all,

This is my first post on this forum though I read from time to time.

I have a 2008 Cub Cadet LT1050 w/ a Kohler SV730 - occasionally it will "hunt" while idling, even as high as half throttle.

In the past I just cleaned the throttle/idler springs located just below the air filter. However this time it hasn't worked. I've never had it tuned professionally but I do change oil and all filters yearly.

Any guesses?

Mark

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't say how old the unit is, but I'm suspecting it is time for a go carb cleaning a rebuilding.

andy spence

Threads
check your throttle shaft for loose play. They will wear and begin sucking around the shaft. If caught before it gets too bad a new shaft will correct this. Just hope you caught it early enough that is has not worn the carb. Dont know about your model but you might can get a bushing if the carb is worn. If its worn and is a hard to get fix I have in the past made a bushing for the carb. good luck

xmariner

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the replies and sorry for the delayed response.

I've just taken some time to clean the air filter (which was pretty dirty) and thus far she's purring like kitten. Hope that was the fix. It's due for oil and filters change.

Mark

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
That would do it, its number one on the list....!

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 5