Kohler KT-735 issue when mowing.

VooDoo_Banjo

Threads
Hi folks!

I have a new Toro MX5050 with the Kohler KT735 24hp engine. This unit is brand new. I Will try to keep this short.

The mower starts up fine (Its the chokeless model) and can drive it around with no issues.

so when I go to mow starts off fine but then within 2-5 min it all the sudden starts spuddering and shooting out black smoke. Almost as if the choke was set on, but since this is a chokeless system I am not sure what to think.

It happens at random times during the mow, more when it detects a load on it such as going up a small hill or nice patch of fresh grass.

The only way to get it to stop is to either back off the throttle a bit (seems to me you shouldnt have to do this since it says to use it with throttle all the way up) or disengage the blades for a bit, let it catch its breath and then continue on.

Can someone help me diagnose this because it happens a lot and dont want to hurt the machine if something is wrong.

Thanks!
-VooDoo_B

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it is a new unit, return to the dealer to have it repaired. Don't void your warranty by trying to fix yourself.

mwrman

Threads
I agree with Rivets. You need to return to dealership with this problem.