kohler engine with no spark.

steve42

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a lawnboy yard tractor with a kohler 12.5 hp engine that wouldn't start. I tried engine starting spray. After that I removed the spark plug and found that there is no spark. This engine has electronic ignition, and what looks like a regular magneto setup. I pulled the flywheel and there is a ring of electro magnets, no points or caps naturally.

Anyone have any ideas?

Steve

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Disconnect the wire that is connected to the ignition module. And then crank the engine and check for spark with a known good spark plug. If no spark, replace module. If you have spark, then you need to start tracing the wire through the mower to determine what is grounding out the wire.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Disconnect the wire that is connected to the ignition module. And then crank the engine and check for spark with a known good spark plug. If no spark, replace module. If you have spark, then you need to start tracing the wire through the mower to determine what is grounding out the wire.

That is a very good answer always isolate engine and chassis when looking for no spark.