Kohler cuts out after engine warms up

Garyha_jr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kohler command 27 ch740-0044 runs fine for about half hour or so but then slowly starts loosing power. Mainly when I shut PTO off to dump hopper then try to re-engage the PTO it takes literally five to ten seconds, sometimes longer for the engine to catch up. Replaced carb, solenoids, spark plugs, hoses, fuel pump. Still not running right and when I take it to mechanic it won't do it because they never let it run long enough to get engine got. PLEASE HELP!!!

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You engine has the spark advance module on it. I am wondering if it is breaking down and you are loosing spark advance, which would effect timing and power output.

You will need something to put a mark on the rotating fan before starting engine, and a timing light. with the engine running correctly and at full throttle use the timing light to find where the spark plugs are firing and put a mark on the blower housing that lines up with the flashing mark on the rotating fan. Do this for both cylinders, the marks should be 90 degrees apart. Then when the engine starts acting up recheck your timing. If the marks have moved to the right very much, like more than 1/4 inch then the spark advance module has failed and you will need to install the conversion kit part number 25 707 03-s