Kohler compression release

fixit1ddh

Threads
I Adjust the valves on my kohler every 200 hour's because of that reason. That's what kohler recommends. My Wife's same model kohler has over 400 hour's and have never had to Adjust. On mine I Adjust the intake to the minimum adjustment. And I'm good for another 200 hours.

Hoagie12

Threads
I finally found a third generation starter for my sv715 Kohler. It has 9 tooth gear versus the old 10 tooth gear, more torque, higher spin rpm, larger drive shaft. It now can overcome the compression problem. Thanks for everyone’s input.

Gord Baker

Threads
I have a cub cadet with a 22 hp v twin motor. It has too much compression to item over. I pulled the cam out thinking the compression release mechanism was broken only to find out it does not have a compression release mechanism!? What now?
Set valve lash on both to .006-.008 and try it.

rhkraft

Threads
I agree with hlw49, adjust the valves. The compression release can be on the cam. If the valves are too loose, the cam lobe won't open the exhaust valve and the starter will lug down. On Briggs, these valves must have only .003 to .005 clearance. I have repaired these with success.

Hoagie12

Threads
I agree with hlw49, adjust the valves. The compression release can be on the cam. If the valves are too loose, the cam lobe won't open the exhaust valve and the starter will lug down. On Briggs, these valves must have only .003 to .005 clearance. I have repaired these with success.
There is no compression release on this Engine. That’s why it takes a super strong starter

skipb

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a cub cadet with a 22 hp v twin motor. It has too much compression to item over. I pulled the cam out thinking the compression release mechanism was broken only to find out it does not have a compression release mechanism!? What now?

peapicker

Threads
I finally found a third generation starter for my sv715 Kohler. It has 9 tooth gear versus the old 10 tooth gear, more torque, higher spin rpm, larger drive shaft. It now can overcome the compression problem. Thanks for everyone’s input.
Do you have a part #? Thanks!