Kohler command cv14s carb kit

cjones636

Threads

cjones636

Threads
Okay, i think it may of been the bowl ring because it wasn't fitting snug so i put the old one back on. I poured gas through where the fuel line connects to the side of the carb using dropper until it started running out of that hole i was pouring the gas through until a little bit (to make sure it was full) and i sit it in a jar so it would stay sitting up and jet i have an no call leaking out yet.

cjones636

Threads
Didn't leak for several hours so i stuck the crab back on.. I turned the ignition key on and back off (not turning over the engine) to open the fuel solenoid on the bottom of the bowl to see if i could hear it *click*. Few mins later fuel started dripping down from bottom of the bowl. It looks like its coming around the fuel solenoid gasket. This is the new gasket that came with the kit.

When i had the carb on the bench and put gas in the carb through the inlet where the fuel line connects, would the bowl still fill with gas or does the bowl only fill with gas when the fuel solenoid is open? If the bowl can still fill with gas when the solenoid is closed, it should have still leaked if the gasket wasn't sealing right? Could it possibly be the fuel solenoid itself leaking? Because the casing on the fuel solenoid is lose (not the fuel solenoid itself) and i can turn it with my hand back and forwards..

If i take the fuel solenoid off and wipe it down than screw it back on, i can leave it several hours and it will not leak at all. But as soon as i turn the key on than back off, a min later it will start dripping gas, and it will drain the tank if i don't crimp the fuel line. Anyone have an idea what could be going on?

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
it is rare but the solenoid can leak internally. Sounds like something is getting moved when you apply power allowing it to leak.

cjones636

Threads
it is rare but the solenoid can leak internally. Sounds like something is getting moved when you apply power allowing it to leak.

So does the bowl fill with fuel no mater if the fuel solenoid is open or closed? If it does than this wouldn't be a fuel solenoid gasket issue then? It's crazy because like i said, i can fill the carb full of fuel while it's sitting on the bench through the inlet and sit it up right in a jar and it wont leak, but soon as i put power to the solenoid, it instantly starts leaking.

I Can bypass this fuel solenoid by replacing it with a bolt, what size bowl nut would i need? I'll just put a fuel cut off on it tomorrow.

Walbro LMK 1205332

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
the solenoid has no effect on the fuel in the carb bowl. the only purpose is to shut off fuel to the engine, so it doesn't go bang when shut off.

Is it possible that you installed a gasket incorrectly which is blocking off the carb vent on the carb, which will cause a siphoning effect. either that or something is wrong with either the needle valve or float itself.