kohler command 20 hp timing issue

Joe5015

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi there, Hope someone can help me on the timing of this motor. I am trying to make one good motor out of two bad ones. One motor had a cracked crankshaft gear, I remove the good one from the other motor without seeing were the timing mark on gear was in relation to the crankshaft. does anyone know how I can set crankshaft gear and camshaft gear without uing timing marks on them. Like what position would the crank be in in relationship to the camshaft. I know I need to have no1 cyl at tdc, but on which stroke and waht position shoul camshaft lobes be in at this point. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Joe5015

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
You just need the timing marks to line up....

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi there, Hope someone can help me on the timing of this motor. I am trying to make one good motor out of two bad ones. One motor had a cracked crankshaft gear, I remove the good one from the other motor without seeing were the timing mark on gear was in relation to the crankshaft. does anyone know how I can set crankshaft gear and camshaft gear without uing timing marks on them. Like what position would the crank be in in relationship to the camshaft. I know I need to have no1 cyl at tdc, but on which stroke and waht position shoul camshaft lobes be in at this point. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Joe5015

What are you getting at?

cashman

Threads
If you still got one of the old cranks that you haven't taken the gear off, look at the timing mark on it and tranfer a mark to the crank in the same location that your wanting to use. Should be close?