Kohler 15 hp?

Threads
I am working on a John Deere LT155 it wouldnt run so I cleaned the carb out, float bowl. I tried it again, and now it will start on its on under choke but it will only idle if you throttle up as soon as it gets to the point of building rpm it dies out?? It will sit, and idle all day it just wont rev up without choking out.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most likely high speed jet plugged. You didn't really say if it is acting like running out of fuel, or is the engine flooding out, when you increase the RPM's.

Threads
Most likely high speed jet plugged. You didn't really say if it is acting like running out of fuel, or is the engine flooding out, when you increase the RPM's.

Yep its kinda like its running out of fuel because you can hear it trying to choke itself to run as soon as you move the throttle back to idle it smooths out? I took the carb completely off, and cleaned it inside, and out but I could have missed something. I forgot to mention the hose that goes to the valve cover was broke but after I fixed that it didnt help any. It sat all winter with fuel in it when I cleaned the bowl out it was like gel in the bottom.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Some of the jell could be still in the emusion tube leading up to the venturi of the carb. From your description, it sounds like the idle circuit is clean and working, but the high speed side if plugged someplace. Kohler carbs use a different passage for the idle circuit and the high speed circuit. which is why the recommend shutting off the engine at half to full throttle. the shut off solenoid only kills fuel to the high speed jet, not the idle jet.

Threads
Some of the jell could be still in the emusion tube leading up to the venturi of the carb. From your description, it sounds like the idle circuit is clean and working, but the high speed side if plugged someplace. Kohler carbs use a different passage for the idle circuit and the high speed circuit. which is why the recommend shutting off the engine at half to full throttle. the shut off solenoid only kills fuel to the high speed jet, not the idle jet.

I think I am going to go over it one more time tomorrow to be sure I got all the crud out of the jets. I plan to try a wire I got with my pressure washer to run through the passages to be sure they are clear.

Threads
I took it back apart today, and ran that wire through all the jet passages, and now it runs like a top now most of the crud was in the main jet in the bottom.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanx for posting your results. Most people don't