Keys

aherndf

Threads
Lost my key to my Craftsman riding mower, any ideas on replacements?

Thanks

Dan

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Any repair shop should have replacements. I think sears uses the standard acme key.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Most of them you can stick anything in the hole and it will work

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

silver1

Threads
I used a small screwdriver until I got a replacement from Sears direct.

Threads
Mine uses an INDAK key. Bought 2 on ebay for $2 with free shipping.

Pstreicher

Forum Newbie
Threads
Who needs keys? First thought to come to mind was to replace the key switch with any ole type of switch. Like a rotary or toggle or what have you. Even get fancier and take a length out of the hot wire to the key switch and make a custom jumper to complete the circuit. But then again maybe that's not a good idea where you got kids around.

txzrider

Threads
the key switch is not just a simple switch, besides starting and energizing the rest of the eletrics on the mower... it does play a part in safety.. imagine a toddler walking up to the mower and just flipping switches! A key is the 1st line of defense against that.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Who needs keys? First thought to come to mind was to replace the key switch with any ole type of switch. Like a rotary or toggle or what have you. Even get fancier and take a length out of the hot wire to the key switch and make a custom jumper to complete the circuit. But then again maybe that's not a good idea where you got kids around.

Just had a person bring me a JD 180 this AM. He did just what you said and replaced his key switch with a toggle switch. After his great repair job he couldn't get his mower to charge his battery. After installing a new key switch I found he was very lucky because he only blow the fuse to his voltage regulator and didn't burn up any wires. Mower keys are cheap and easy to replace not like the newer cars.