Kawasaki

Ean

Threads
I might get a john deer 170 with a 17 hp Kawasaki engine are these good engines

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
No,veryexpensive engine to repair. So you decided on the 170.

jakewells

Threads
Yes they are good engines and they are very reliable right up next to a honda or subaru engine.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes they are good engines and they are very reliable right up next to a honda or subaru engine.

You are saying this but I don't see a season??? Just why are they reliable? Just what mechanically make them a better engine. I have worked on the Kawasaki and seen the balance system come apart on them that had broken, the valve heads break off and puts a big hole in the piston. I don't find them any better or any worst then any other engine but find parts are way over priced. The OP is going buy what ever is in the tractor an what ever is said on this forum isn't going to make one bit of different to him. So go ahead Kawasaki is the best engine ever made.

Brucebotti

Threads
You are saying this but I don't see a season??? Just why are they reliable? Just what mechanically make them a better engine. I have worked on the Kawasaki and seen the balance system come apart on them that had broken, the valve heads break off and puts a big hole in the piston. I don't find them any better or any worst then any other engine but find parts are way over priced. The OP is going buy what ever is in the tractor an what ever is said on this forum isn't going to make one bit of different to him. So go ahead Kawasaki is the best engine ever made.

WOW.....somebody needs another cup of coffee this morning...:smile:
Bruce

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I might get a john deer 170 with a 17 hp Kawasaki engine are these good engines

Een the Kawasaki engine is one of the best if not the best on the market today. There's a reason why every major mower manufacturer is using them in there commercial mowers and it's because there one of the most reliable engines you can use and buy.

tybilly

Threads
when I bought my toro timecutter ss4260 from the dealer I asked the kohler couage or the Kawasaki,they said they weren't terribly happy with the courage,they liked the kaw,but if you need parts,kawasaki likes to take their time,i would go for the Kawasaki,

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

And everything you stated about the Kawasaki can be said about every other engine on the market, Kohler had there problems so did Honda oh and for goodness sakes lets not leave out Briggs and Stratton who puts there name on everything and claims they make it. You may as well get over it because all the mower manufacturers are using Kawasaki and it's probably the Number one selling engine on the market.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
when I bought my toro timecutter ss4260 from the dealer I asked the kohler couage or the Kawasaki,they said they weren't terribly happy with the courage,they liked the kaw,but if you need parts,kawasaki likes to take their time,i would go for the Kawasaki,

You wont find a bigger fan of the Kohler engines than myself especially the Courage, I still run the 22hp V-twin on the ztr and it's nearing 800 hrs in just over three years and still runs like a champ and its never seen a wrench other than changing oil or plugs and the Kawasaki FS on the stander is between 5 and 600 hrs and starting its third season and it never seen a wrench, neither has the FJ 180 KAI.

Have you ever had any experience with Kawasaki's FR model on there residential mowers? I've never heard anyone complain.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Didn't I say Kawasaki is any better or worst than any other engine. All I am saying mechanically, why are you saying they are better? I have yet to see any engine that didn't need repairs and for whatever reason (poor maintenance). As said before my big bitch about Kawasaki is the price of parts. I would like to hear something other then, I own a Kawasaki with what ever number of hours on it. I am sure there are people out there that can say the same thing about different brand engines. As I have already told you my reasons now lets hear something that makes sense. Don't come out with I need another cup of coffee just because I disagree with you.