Kawasaki FX801, FX850 and Kohler CH 740V ?

vaskeet

Threads
in practical usage how much difference is there between the fx801v (25.5 hp 44.6 ft lbs torque) and the fx850 (27hp 44.6 ft lbs torque) also the Kohler ch740v (25 hp 39.2 ft lbs torque) on a 60 inch deck mower My thoughts are not much difference between the 2 kawasaki's as torque figures are the same. I am looking at the exmark laser z FX801 $10500 (after 26% equine savings) OTD Scag Cheetah FX850 $10700 OTD and Kubota Z725 Kohler CH740V $9500 (after $1000 Rebate) OTD Any thought or advise would be great

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
You may have already made purchase but if not I would do thorough research on each mower & engine listed as well as reading reviews, then go try them out operating all controls.

vaskeet

Threads
You may have already made purchase but if not I would do thorough research on each mower & engine listed as well as reading reviews, then go try them out operating all controls.

I went with a toro 6000 with the 34 hp efi kohler

vaskeet

Threads
How do you like the Toro with EFI

It is on order I will do a review when I get it. it should be in around the 1st of the year as I told my dealer no hurry it will come in his regular shipment instead of a special shipment

NorthBama

Threads
It is on order I will do a review when I get it. it should be in around the 1st of the year as I told my dealer no hurry it will come in his regular shipment instead of a special shipment

Thanks, would be good to know how the fuel usage is with EFI.

vaskeet

Threads

Thanks, would be good to know how the fuel usage is with EFI.

everything I have read says about 1.3 gal per hour
I am most curious about the horizon technology on it

NorthBama

Threads
everything I have read says about 1.3 gal per hour
I am most curious about the horizon technology on it
I am not up to date on horizon technology would you share some information please

vaskeet

Threads
I am not up to date on horizon technology would you share some information please

The horizon is toro's version of the exmark "red technology" it eliminates the throttle and has a 3 position rocker switch LOW/EFFICENT/MAX for engine power positions. it tracks engine temp oil pressure and the mower electronics system. engages clutch at 2750 rpm and disengages at 2500 rpm regardless of power settings the following vider is the exmark red tech which is the same thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc6f8WaDW_0#t=10

NorthBama

Threads
The horizon is toro's version of the exmark "red technology" it eliminates the throttle and has a 3 position rocker switch LOW/EFFICENT/MAX for engine power positions. it tracks engine temp oil pressure and the mower electronics system. engages clutch at 2750 rpm and disengages at 2500 rpm regardless of power settings the following vider is the exmark red tech which is the same thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc6f8WaDW_0#t=10

Thanks sounds good, hope the warranty is good if something goes wrong. I think it would need to be connected up to a computer for diagnostic. $$$