Kawasaki FJ 180v low idle (with video)

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here is a video of my mower. I just fixed it, but it doesn't sound right. It seems kind of loud. I don't know if it is because of the low revs or what, but I will will let the video speak for me. If so, how do I adjust the revs on the motor. There are no setting on the carb. Also, it is cold outside, I guess that could affect the idle of the motor.

dfbrown

Threads
Here is a video of my mower. I just fixed it, but it doesn't sound right. It seems kind of loud. I don't know if it is because of the low revs or what, but I will will let the video speak for me. If so, how do I adjust the revs on the motor. There are no setting on the carb. Also, it is cold outside, I guess that could affect the idle of the motor.

I listened to your mower sound, it sounds like the choke is on judging by the kinda miss it sounds like when the choke is on. Check your throttle and also check that when you have it on fast that the choke lever at the MOTOR is not being engaged (as if the choke is even slightly being engaged). Let me know whats up.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
It is not on choke. There is a big resistence when I put the lever for choke on the lever. I am wondering if it is because of the cold weather. The air is too cold messing around with the air/fuel mixture. Would that make sense?

LoCo86

Threads
It is not on choke. There is a big resistence when I put the lever for choke on the lever. I am wondering if it is because of the cold weather. The air is too cold messing around with the air/fuel mixture. Would that make sense?

Put the throttle at the 3/4 position. Had the same problem with mine and realized after watching a video that you have to pull the throttle lever back a little more after you pull it back off of choke.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Put the throttle at the 3/4 position. Had the same problem with mine and realized after watching a video that you have to pull the throttle lever back a little more after you pull it back off of choke.

Allright, I will try that. Thanks!

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Allright, I will try that. Thanks!

Throttle lever is fine. I think I need to adjust the screw on the governor the closest to the motor to get it to rev higher (I might of played with it while cleaning the carb)

I have a question about all the cables on the carb. There are two governors on the carb. Each one has a big cable and a small cable. Well, the governor closest to the motor is constantly loosing it's little cable. Now, before I start bending it to make it stay there, what is the purpose of all thes cables?