Kawasaki Fj 180v car cleaning

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Started the Ybravo to see how it would run, well it surges and I am not surprised.

I have to clean the carb. I know how to do this, but I am not sure if it will fix the surging and I don't feel comfortable playing around with mixture screws (remove them while cleaning the carb). Also, I've heard about a surge spring on the carb. Where is that?

I tried to find info all over google, but couldn't find much. Even on youtube. Any help on how to do this would be really appreciated.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
To start, I would just remove the bottom bowl nut and drop the bowl off and have a look. Part#92154 Get a can to catch the dribbling {hopefully} fuel.

NHFree1

Threads
To start, I would just remove the bottom bowl nut and drop the bowl off and have a look. Part#92154 Get a can to catch the dribbling {hopefully} fuel.

My FH451V would only run with choke on and would surge and/or stall with the choke off. I pulled the carb off but in hindsight only needed to pull the bowl as stated. The needle the float is connected to has a small hole in it where the fuel enters from the bowl. It was mostly plugged. Cleaned it out with a small piece of wire, reassembled, and has been running perfect ever since.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks a lot guys! Gonna look at it soon and come back with an answer!

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was able to remove the carb. It would of been fun to have a fuel cut off valve... Removing the fuel line was a PITA.
Now I removed the bowl and looked at the float pin... I dont see much. I cant even remove the float pin, it is real tight in there. I am gonna start by removing the jets and clean them.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Today, I opened up the carb and it was very clean. But, I still removed the main jet and the lower jet and cleaned them both. In all holes I was able to see light thru them. Then, I shot some cleaner thru the fuel line tube and also cleaned the hole where the needle float goes. I assembled everything again and installed it on the mower. I tried starting it and it didn't want to. I removed the air filter and changed the spark plug with a similar one (Champion) and still wouldn't start much. It would really puff slowly like it was dying. Then, I added oil, because it needed some. After messing around with the throttle linkage to get it wide open, it started. It ran like crap sounding a little low on the revs. I stopped it and it didn't want to restart. Alltho, cleaning the carb seemed to fix the surging.

I guess the final thing to fix would be the valves? Well, I am not sure how to do that and I would need to get the tool to calculate valve clearance. I am really getting discouraged here with this motor. Any help would be appreciated.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I adjusted the vavles yesterday with a feeler guage that I bought. Before adjusting the vavles, I couldn't get the feeler gauge thru, so I guess the vavles were way too tight. I had to pull may times and it still did not run right. Any other ideas?

I also considered that maybe because of the cold, it isn't running right and that is why it is so hard to start?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
We need to re-explore your valve adjusting, did you check the clearances after you made sure that the piston was at TDC?