Kawasaki FB-460b engine in a Wheel horse 525H gas flow issues

Donzo

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Kawasaki FB-460b engine in a Wheel horse 525H gas flow issues
I have a Wheel horse riding mower and it ran fine last year and I parked it and tried to start it a few weeks later and it wouldn't run. I replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump, fuel line and cleaned out the carburetor. It will run for 1 or 2 seconds if I pour gas into the carburetor bit will not pull gas through the lines. Does anyone know what this could be. To my understanding the pump uses alternating pressure and vacuum to actuate the fuel pump and when I pulled that line off there was almost no a activity on this hose. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Follow the pulse line/hose from the fuel pump, they usually connect to a nipple cast onto the block or the valve cover, make sure there are no holes in the line and that it is still connected to the Engine.

Donzo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I put a new line on, got a replacement fuel pump, and took the carb apart and cleaned all the parts and re assembled. It seems to be starving for gas. If I take the line off of the input side of the carb when I try to turn it over gas barely spits out of the line.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
make sure the tank outlet isn't clogged with old grass clippings or debris.

Donzo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I made sure everything is flowing and free from the tank forward. It doesn't seem to be pulling the gas the way it should.

Karl Ruger

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am having the same issue. replaced fuel filter, replaced original fuel pump with a facet cube, cleaned the carb,i even got a new fuel solenoid. Fuel bowl is full , yet i give it a squirt of carb cleaner and it fires right up but it won't pull the gas out of the bowl. It is a fh531v on a JD 325.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
But does the fuel solenoid actually retract when the key is on ?